After listening to her and allowing her to conclude with, “So I’m just not sure any of this is real,” I think I surprised her when rather than arguing with her or trying to convince her that I was right and that he was wrong I simply said, “He is absolutely correct.”
Any good reader IS a mentalist. For those students who wish to become professional mediums, I provide them with tips to become proficient in reading body language. Why? Because intuition is simply observing one’s environment which starts with mentalism (want to know more? Check out my book). And a client’s body language is a strong indication as to how a message would be received.
I then told her that while I agree with him, I only agree with him to a point as I feel his vision is limited. He’s not looking at the big picture. Which is ok, he can only speak to what he can see.
And what I think surprised her the most is I then told her I wasn’t going to try to convince her, but instead provided her with an exercise from my book that she could apply to experience the amazing way energy works with us every day. The exercise would not be something she would be reading or interpreting the signs, rather the signs would come directly to her. Here is the exercise for you to try:
Signs from the Universe
- Choose Your Signs: Get a piece of paper. Fold the paper in thirds. On the top one third write, “Yes.” On the second third write, “No.” And on the third section write, “Undecided.” Begin thinking about what signs you might want to receive. Your signs can be anything. You can have an animal such as a bear or eagle. You ask for a word, phrase or song. You are only limited by your own imagination. For example, my friend uses an “X” for no and I use a hawk for yes. The only recommendations I have while you are choosing your signs are: pick a sign that is rare enough that you won’t see or hear it everywhere, i.e. don’t pick the number one song on the music charts; but at the same time, choose a sign that is common enough that it won’t be impossible for it to appear, i.e. don’t pick a purple giraffe wearing a pink tutu, big earrings and very red lipstick.
- Visualize Your Signs: Close your eyes and visualize each one of the symbols. Are there ones you just can’t see? If so, choose another sign.
- Practice Using the Signs: Now is the fun part. Start using them. At first, you are just going to prove to yourself that the universe will provide you with signs. Don’t ask any questions yet. Instead, choose a specific length of time; my recommendation is twenty-four to seventy-two hours. Then choose a specified number of times you’d like to see the signs. Ask for the chosen symbols to be shown in the time frame and the specified number of times.
- Wait: The symbols may pop up immediately. They may all appear in the twenty-third hour. Wait. Be patient. Most importantly, be open-minded. It is not uncommon for the symbols to appear in an unexpected way. For example, you ask for pennies and instead of finding coins, you meet three people named Penny. And while rare, you may find one of the symbols you brainstormed but didn’t select pops up. Add that to your list; use that too!
- Test the Validity of the Signs: Now that your symbols are popping up, test the validity of their meaning. Have someone ask you a question that they know the answer to but you don’t. Then wait for the signs. You might have a sign pop into your head immediately or you might have to wait. If you don’t want to wait for the answer, you can look for it. Go on Facebook or flip through a magazine. Does one of your symbols pop up? Once you get the sign, confirm you received the correct sign.
If you received the incorrect sign, remind yourself and the universe of your symbols and try again. If you got the right answer, keep playing! Know that you may not get the “right” answer all the time. The more you practice, the closer you will get to 100%.
It’s also important to note that you are not limited to Yes, No, and Undecided. If you would like to expand your dictionary, continue to assign symbols to meanings. You are only limited by your own imagination.
I haven’t heard back from the young girl to know how the exercise worked, but I have faith that it is working. I was amazed when I introduced this exercise in a mediumship development class for the first time. It had an 80% success rate, IN THE HOUR IT WAS INTRODUCED! If you use the exercise, I’d love to hear your experiences. Share it in the comments below!